I am sure most of you have now heard that on Tuesday, May 25th, our PHO orders changed to open us up to game play. This is great news for us and will allow to get some competitive games going very soon. I ask that everyone continue to remain vigilant and continue to follow our existing practice plans for now while I prepare and update our Return to Play documentation and align it with the PHO, Baseball BC and the City of Vernon and Coldstream. I do expect this will take us a few days to ensure the safety of everyone and that we continue to be aligned to the PHO guidelines.
Even though gameplay is being opened up we are still restricted to NO spectators. Team volunteer positions will still be available as we have utilized them over the past few weeks but this does not open us up to filling up the parks. For clarification on what is now allowed see Phase 2 Stage 2 below:
In Phase 2 Stage 2 The following activities are currently permitted;
- Team training / development (practice)
- Live batting practice
- Scrimmage and Inter-squad games
- In Club game play
The following activities are not permitted;
- Travel for competition
Baseball specific guidelines in place at this time;
- Participants must maintain a physical distance of three metres from one another when not playing and active in game play.
- Spectators are not permitted per the current PHO order. (Defined as games, competitions, tournaments, training, or practice).
- Masks are required in all indoor public settings. (As defined by the current public order)
- Verbal symptom screening and attendance tracking must be performed daily.
- Stay home if youre sick.
While this is going on the Executive Board will be meeting on Sunday to put together plans for a schedule and what we will come back to everyone with in terms of the possibility of extending our Spring season. Initially our spring season was intended to run until roughly June 18th. My intention will be to look to a add a few weeks to that season to allow us to get in some competitive games and some type of wrap up. Our division directors will reach out to each division once we have determined the best path forward.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work through this and get competitive play back on our fields.
President Vernon Baseball